Play N Stay is currently hiring!
We are looking for a responsible, committed individual to work in our dog daycare and dog boarding areas. We are seeking long term employment and offer a consistent, stable work schedule. See below for full job description.
Please bring your resume and cover letter to:
Play N Stay
724 W Rosewood Ave
Spokane, WA 99208
In person application process only.
Apply In Person
Monday – Friday
10:00am – 4:00pm
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILED RESUMES
We are a busy facility so please respect our time
DOG DAYCARE/DOG BOARDING ATTENDANT
Position Summary: The Dog Daycare/Boarding Kennel Attendant is responsible for ensuring the safety of the dogs by closely monitoring group play. Due to the nature of our business, you must be able to handle dogs of all sizes without being afraid of them, while maintaining leadership. We make sure that every guest is comfortable and happy during their stay. We must maintain a clean environment for the safety of our guests and this is essential and a major part of the position.
Job Opportunities: We currently have two part time positions available. We seek friendly, motivated, energetic people with a positive attitude. There are opportunities for full time positions and advancement, if you excel.
- Monitors and engage in the overall activities of the dogs in the daycare group
- Monitor safety in the daycare group and boarding kennel
- Ensures standards of cleanliness are maintained in the facility
- Cleaning up of dog feces, urine, vomit, etc
- Cleaning/Sanitizing facility
- Positive customer interactions
- Answering phones in an upbeat, positive, professional manner
- Feed, water and track meal time
- Administer medications as directed
- Compete daily checklists
- Other pet care duties as assigned
- Other customer service duties as assigned
- Excellent Customer Service Skills – you understand and treat customers in a professional, friendly, courteous manner regardless of the situation
- Basic Computer Skills – you have basic computer knowledge. Training for our programs will be provided
- Basic Reading, Writing and Math Skills – You have basic skills to read instructions, write information and can figure basic math addition and subtraction.
- Listening Skills – you listen carefully to coworkers and customers
- Speaking Skills – you speak professionally and positively to customers and coworkers
- Telephone Skills – you can maintain exceptional phone presence in a friendly, positive manner
- Dependability – you honor your commitments and work schedules
- Stress Tolerance – you are able to make sound decisions, remain calm with a positive attitude under highly stressful and/or unexpected situations
- Team Player – you want the best for our business, the doggie guests and our customers; and you work as a team to accomplish this.
- High School Diploma or GED is required
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to move quickly in order to maintain dog safety
- Ability to multi task working with customers, computer work and pet care, depending on what is needed at that moment
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
- Ability to handle moderate to loud noise levels (i.e. dog barking)
- Ability to handle and properly use chemicals for sanitizing and cleaning
- Apply in person with resume and cover letter to 724 W Rosewood Ave
- Apply between 10:00am – 4:00pm Monday – Friday
- Please No Phone Calls